24 August 2006

Neil Humphreys

I went for his talk and book signing in the NUS Library just now. Funny man. Though I do not agree totally with what he said, I still like the way he writes and satirizes many things (including the dysfunctional side of our gahmen).

Some of the stuff he said:

- Arts degree...the only degree that teaches you how to support your opinion. The write about them. Trains you in that.

- He encourages us to go into jounelism. He didn't cover the censorship and ridiculous nature of Singapore press.

- No he is not an opposition.

Anyway, I am bad at retelling an event if I didn't take note. And I didn't. (Sorry Afiah, I know u read my blog and likes Neil Humphreys, sorry I can't give u the details about the event. haha.)

Anyway, I did something.

I spent $34 on his 3 books.

The irony is I don't even put $30 in for my textbooks.

Idiot you, Carmen, your aunty side rearing again.

Darn, next few weeks I have to scrimp and save to justify this spending again.

Someone chain my hands or something.

(I'll put up a pic of the talk when I can kop it from any webby. My hp is too lousy to take a proper photo of him.)