17 August 2006

1st School Day

Yesterday. Today another no-lecture day. Tomorrow will be a 1 lecture day. Early 8am. Great.

South East Asian Studies lecture is interesting. Coz the lecturers are interesting! Funny. Witty. Passion for topic slightly contagious. Well can't say much from 1st lecture. Oh, and made a friend. An exchange student from US. Autumn (wow, cool name!). Literature major. Haha, hope to know her better.

Then it's 3 hours of bumping around as I waited for lit lecture. Got lost when finding alternate way ti Arts canteen. Ended up in Biz canteen to eat the famous and fabulous Western food. Not bad!

NUSSU gave out notebooks yesterday. How can the kiasu and notebook freak miss it? The que was very very long. But I qued anyway. And I got my (like, sixth) notebook. Many of the unused ones still sitting on my shelf. Haha. I don't know why I'm such a sucker for organizers. I love them. But I'm picky when it comes to what type. And the funny thing is, I don't buy them. People get them for me on my birthdays when they don't know what else to buy but don't want to spend on dust collecting table decorating figures that sit and rot. I like them though, really. Haha! I was bored so I took a pic at the crowd.















And the pic beside is that diary I qued so long for. Hehe, not bad!! But looks like many, esp freshies, would be having the same notebook. So I am thinking of zhng-ing my notebook. Haha, haven't started yet. Scared I'll destroy it. Haha.

Anyway, Lit lecturer, contrary to my expectation, were boring and uncomprehensible. Dr Gwee is like those super cynical kind who I can't feel any passion for lit from. Dr Roy... well, I hardly can understand her high ideas. But crap, we're gonna read perverted writers' and their perverted text. What better way to start the perverted literary studies of perverted minds than reading a paedophile in "Lolita"...and what's worse, i've been forwarned that the writer brilliantly makes readers sympathise with him (at times). Crap!

German tutor looks like this tiny korean man with black plastic specs and gentle voice. Face doesn't have interest-inducing potential. But I was wrong man! He rocked. As in...he managed to get all our attention and interest in the first half an hour of the seminar-lecture. German's hard though. Haha.

Ah well, what will I see for tomorrow's English lecture?