03 August 2006

Bidding Round 1C

I'm bidding for my modules now...
Decided on English Language, E. Literature, SEAsian studies.

Still thinking should I take History 1101E.

Still waiting for reply regarding minor programmes.

Still don't know anything...

I don't know about tomorrow,
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from it's sushine,
or the skies may turn to gray.
I don't worry o'er the future,
for I know what Jesus said.
And today I'll walk beside Him,
for He knows what is ahead.

I don't know about tomorrow,
it may bring me poverty.
But the One who feeds the sparrow
is the One who stands by me.
And the path that is my portion,
may be through the flame or flood.
But His presence goes before me,
and I'm covered with His blood.

Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand.
But I know Who holds tomorrow,
and I know Who holds my hand.

Last night, when I was worrying what modules to take, how to bid etc etc, Pastor chose this hymn during the prayer meeting. What a wonderful hymn that spoke to my heart. Indeed I need not over worry about the future. If it is my portion, then it will be for the good. ("And all things work together for good to them that love God..." - Romans something:something)

I remember back in sec 4, when my dad faced retrenchment and unstable jobbing, I was very worried over the financial burdern at home. Back then, this was the hymn that spoke to me. Whenever I recieve a bad news, either Dad lost his job again or not accepted, I always put "I know who holds tomorrow" on my msn nick to remind myself. And this gave me great comfort.

Now, thank the Lord, financial income is rather stable at home already. And thank the Lord this hymn still spoke to another worry in yet another phase of my life. Each module I take is going to affect my overall graduating grade, my major, my degree...and yes it is worrying because I'm really really afraid to waste a semester or a module and of coz my parents' money. So i need careful planning.

But I just do what I can, and then I must leave it to God. Too much worry takes away my heart and time from God, and makes me doubt God. So, as the Bible said, give unto Caesar what is dued to Caesar, and God what is dued unto God. I'll have to give it sufficient carefulness and thoughts, but pray that I will not let that crowd up my heart and mind.

Thank the Lord that I can go into a University. =D