19 July 2006

Muse

I'm blogging at, like, 1.45am in the midnight. Thoughts have crossed through my little mind. After looking at some photos in my Friendster, it suddenly dawned upon me that I've grown up.

I saw photos of my fellow Swiss Cottage 2003 musketeers, dear friends of mine whom now I still contact. I realise we've all changed. For better or for worse? (Depending on your moral standard...) It's a sort of bittersweet feeling. I get this mental picture of us walking 4 different paths (but not too far away, we can still see each other) but I see them having different results, meeting different people, and sometimes see their character changing with as we all walk down the separated paths. We still remember to turn our heads and say Hi to one another, but each with each glimsp I see them changed.

Changes - the only constant in life. (As the cliche goes.)

And there's church people. People I grow up with and should be the ones I turn to most. People left, people changed, people grew. Even the kids are growing. Soon they'll experience problems I experience, they'll enjoy things I enjoy, they'll be tempted with things I'm tempted with. It's not that far away. Changes makes everything sooner than expected. Even totally unexpected.

Family: my parents growing old. Backs getting more hunched. Gray hairs more. Wrinkles deeper. Action slower. Giving more freedom and control to their children. The greatest change that I hope to see is not happening yet. I'm not doing my job well. I haven't tell them the gospel. I haven't urge and plead for their souls. That's one thing unchanged from the past. Yet this is a bad thing. Haha...

Along my life I'll let out a few melancholic laughs. Brush aside some pain. Freeze some emotions. Lower some expectation. By grace I have not turned into a cynic. By grace I have hope in the Most High.

Muse ends.

But not changes.


Ciao.