29 April 2006

Admission to NUS

On Thursday, I've been offered a place in NUS. Got the letter from them. The following is an excerpt again.

Dear CHOI KAH MUN,

ADMISSION TO THE NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
ACADEMIC YEAR 2006-200

Congratulations! I am pleased to offer you admission to the National University of Singapore (NUS) in academic year 2006-2007 for a course of study in:

ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES

Your blah blah blah...praises...formalities...etc etc etc...have earned you a place in a truly global university acknowledged to be among the best in the world. Soon you will join an eciting community of students and professors drawn from among the best from more than 70 countries. They work at the forefront of ideas and innovation and are committed to bringing out the best in you through their innovtive research and teaching.

haha...call me cynical, but if they are honest with what they wrote, why do I still hear so many complains from NUS peepz? But then again, which formal advertising letter would be honest to admit it's shortcomings? Ah wells, that's life. I'm not cynical, just a realists. haha!

You will also have the opportunity to learn from a global classroom comprising exciting programmes such as the University Scholars Programme, Student Exchange Programme and NUS Overseas Colleges. These programmes will give you a competitive edge in a global economy.

By "you", they mean those who have done exceptionally well, the cream of the crop, of NUS. Not really "me" per se.

As admission to NUS is highly sought after, it is important that you inform us of your acceptance by 5 June 2006.

I am certain you will find your education at NUS highly rewarding.

-----------------------------

Haha, well, despite my usual sarcasm, I am actually rather happy and very thankful for it. Like mentioned, I don't deserve that good a grade for the A levels, much less a Uni entrance. So I really thank the Lord for it. =D

Kinda looking forward to it actually, haha. But then again, since when have I not looked forward to things, only to discover its boredom after the necessary repetition of that task? Ah wells.

Thank the Lord for His provision. At least my parents have another thing to be proud of me for. =D

Thank God.