29 June 2006

How to deal?

How do you deal when your friend loses all your respect for her. Suddenly she has become this foolish girl whom you didn't think for a moment she would be. How do you deal when you find it impossible to recouncil her image now as one whom you've known years ago - one whom you love and respect for her strengh and maturity. How do you deal when you wanna scold her for her stupidity, yet you want to be there for her in her troubles and help her make the right decisions. How should I deal?

Furthermore...how do you deal when the person you confide to regarding this argues with you on nitty gritty things that does not matter at all, that when all you want is a comfort and a person to bounce your emotions with started to pick on unecessary things and that moment of confiding ends with cold, steely atmosphere.

How should I deal?

Perhaps I should have prayed before going to a human channel to discuss this whole issue. I know I have not prayed enough for her when it was still salvagable. When God asks us Christians to be shining light and a salt of the world, to be the bearer of righteosness, I have failed in my duty towards her as a friend who is a Christian. I have not spoken to her rightly and timely due to my own prejudice and displeasure. I have not upheld the truth with her.

How to deal with all these?

The one and only most effective channel - prayer. Even though I may not find the answers now, God will show me His will someday.