10 June 2009

Whims and Fancies

I feel like moving my blog. Actually I've been thinking about that for some time. First, this blog still uses the EandC.co@gmail.com log-in, which is almost a year ancient. Second, I find Wordpress.com more organized for me. Over there I can file my posts into different categories for the wee number of people who reads my blog. :P Those of you (hi!) who read this blog will know that some posts are just my personal rants and updates that resembles tabloids and totally un-simulating the mind. Few articles when I actually use my brains were written, and may be more interesting and slightly worth a few seconds of your life. Some are personal stuff that only my good friends will care about and the rest will read it as a novel or a gossip. With wordpress, I can file them accordingly, so that I can refer back to them easily whenever I want to. Here I just have to use search or keep going back till I find it.

But then again, I'm nostalgic to my blog. This is the first blog that I've ever been writing. The title is a metaphor for my life (read the very first blogpost for longer explanation), and it's hard for me to move away. Ya, I can name my new blog (or online diary, since I won't be using Blogspot technically), The Pilgrim's Progress, it won't be the same as my first blog.

Hmm, I shall sit on the idea for a while longer.

Meanwhile, I like this quote:

Some readers and critics will inevitably object, saying that this is a publicity stunt. To them I solemnly say: you are half-right. Of course I am seeking publicity for the magazine. I would argue with the term "stunt," though, but only because of the popular assumption that a stunt is something silly. (The dictionary definition is a feat of daring, but we do not live in the dictionary.)


- From http://www.newsweek.com/id/200857?tid=relatedcl, where the Editor of Newsweek explains why Stephen Colbert the comedian is guest-editing this magazine.

By the way, Stephen Colbert the mock political pundit comedian is doing his show from Baghdad this week, as a tribute to the soldiers and to bring attention to the Iraq War again after America became cold to the happenings in Iraq after the economic downturn. That's awfully patriotic of him. And I think, for the first time, that he deserve to be higher in the list of "100 most influential people" in Times magazine than Jon Stewart this year. I still love Stewart, but I think Colbert has caught up and fast replacing The Daily Show in the political comedy scene. Stewart will always be the critical voice that often makes you think and realise things you don't normally get by watching mainstream media. Colbert is more of a cartharsis, he brings attention to anything he covers, and creates comedy with his witty puns and non sequitars. There should be more to Colbert than I wrote here, but I seldom watch Colbert, not as much as Stewart.

Oh, recently I discovered another comic I love. Late night talk show host Craig Ferguson, from The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. Another funny and intelligent (and good looking, haha!) stand-up comedian.

Man, do I love comedy.