18 April 2009

A thought

Quite a number of my girl friends are married/going to marry/with kids/going to have kids. As I read some of their blogs, it strikes me how they are so 幸福小女人. And I realize how I try to distance myself from being like that. I am not a feminist, but this whole idea of going ga-ga over having a baby, having a husband, or even getting married makes me shiver. (Do NOT get me wrong! I don't despise my girlfriends' lifestyle at all! I admire them and and am happy for them totally. I'm talking about my issue with myself.) I'm not sure if this whole marriage thing is for me really. I can't imagine having my own children, seeing how terrible many children around me are. Even Christian children. It's enough to deter me from having a family. But I'm not a feminist! I don't know what am I. Maybe I just prefer a life of being free from this sort of burden.

A sidenote: I finished the whole of my morphology and syntax essay (at least my part) with "Ben" playing over and over. Haha. Nice song. By MJ, back when he was black, normal, and a kid. Quite meaningful lyrics. Don't know about the movie, but the song is very nice. Look for the original MJ one, it's the nicest of all other renditions.