01 February 2009

Steve Saint's quote

Previously I blogged about the Quest of the Aucas. And I tried to remember what Steve (not Stephen) Saint said regarding his pain of losing his father, his aunt, and his daughter. I just reviewed the DVD and finally typed out the whole quote. Here is it.

I can tell you, for me, these are times, when as a little boy you were told that your daddy was never coming home. When as [an] approaching middle age man your aunt Rachel who so dear to you, and such a time when so many things that you hold dear, is gone. And...and you have to participate in putting the shell into a hole in the ground. And then even more so when …when my only daughter is suddenly, beyond my control, taken out of my protective custody. Those are times when you don’t posture, and I can tell you honestly that this hope that is within me is not something that I aspire to it; something that is very, very, real. It doesn’t take the pain and anguish away, but it smoothes this… this comforting balm over, that I know will make it heal. The hole will never fill in as long as I live here – these precious ones that we’ve lost – but there aren’t jagged and raw edges either. There’s this…there’s this emptiness, that I have a hope inside me that knows that it would be filled again.