23 November 2008

Quest For The Aucas 2

Continued from the previous post on the Aucas missionary:

After the death of the five martyrs, one's son, Stephen Saint, came into the midst of them to live with them, together with his wife and children. He was baptised by the now converted Aucas who once speared his father, and whom are also his spiritual elders now. After living among them, he had to endure yet another pain of losing his daughter (diseases I think).

One line he said that moved me to tears, not in verbatim:

There was a time when I was a young boy, who was told that his father is never coming home...and to endure the passing of the aunt that was so important to you...and to lose your only daughter...The wounds will never go away, but somehow there's this balm that smoothens all the rough and jagged ends.

I wish I have his faith.