12 November 2008

Be Thou my Vision

Isn't it great that God still strife with you when you're in spiritual low, or when you are adamently in sin? He knocks at your heart, He speaks to you in different ways, even though you don't respond to Him, He continues to do so. He gives you no peace, your life is in a mess that you yourself made and He did not just take them away cause He wants you to look at your own mess and say "This is how my life is without God". But He keeps striving with you, struggling with you, sometimes He chastises, sometimes he encourages, but everytime He never leave you alone.

That's why I know I'm saved. That's why I know I'm His. And that's why even though I'm in deep mess and my life is in shambles I ask God "why" but I know why. I may be upset and at times frustrated at why God allow some things to happen in my life, but I still know that He knows His plans for me and He knows what He is doing. So I can still smile - deep down in my heart.


Lord, please don't stop striving with me if I fail you again and again...


Be Thou my vision O Lord of my heart
Naught be all else to me save that Thou art
Thou my best thought by day or by night
Waking or sleeping Thy presence my light.
Riches I heed not nor man's empty praise
Thou my inheritance now and always
Thou and Thou only first in my heart
High King of heaven my treasure Thou art.