07 December 2007

New experiences

I experience 2 new things today! Still feeling so excited about them. Haha! How should I start?
Ok, today is Mary's 21st birthday celebration. We were suppose to go to Siloso beach there, have pizzas, and hang out. So I met up with Sookwin, Hannah, and Maverick at Harbourfront to go into Sentosa together.

Hey, wanna know how to go to Sentosa for free?

Well, we took a shuttle bus to Sentosa Cove. Note, Sentosa Cove, not Sentosa. Sentosa Cove is some residential area to-be for those billionairs who wanna leave on the island and have their own yacht and be cut off from us peasants in the mainland. It's very luxurious. So ya, we took a shuttle bus there by mistake! We ended up in the ulu east side of Sentosa, which has no other buses to go anywhere else in Sentosa except back to Harbourfront. So we decided to WALK to the nearest civilization (Dolphin Lagoon) to take the internal shuttle bus. But the security guard informed us it's a 30 minutes walk, and the road has many up-and-down slopes.

Well we found it too lame to take a bus back to Harbourfront and chose to walk. Here's my first experience: we hitch-hiked! At least, we tried for about 10 minutes before a lorry finally pulled up for us. All the other cars and lorries before us didn't care about us. They are mostly Singaporeans of course. So selfish. I mean, c'mon, did the 4 of us, 3 girls and 1 guy, in casual beach wear (except Hannah in her flowy long skirt) look like we're going to rob them, kill them, and take their car? What can we possibly do? Stab them with our snacks packages?
Haha, anyway, the lorry that helped us are actually construction workers, they were in Sentosa Cove doing some work. So the 4 of us climbed to the open back of the lorry and took a ride until the nearest monorail stop. They were so friendly and helpful. There was 2 Indians and 1 Malaysian Chinese at the back of the lorry with us. It was wet, so we squated down and held on to the railing tightly, the wind blowing on our faces as the lorry drove fast down the road. It's really some experience!! Hitch-hiking. Haha!! Too bad there's no photo. Oh ya, so we ended up going into Sentosa without paying. Haha!

Ok, experience number 2.
Well, this is not as exciting as the first. Since we were in Sentosa, we decided to go for the Luge Ride. I have always thought that I'm not afraid of heights. I mean, I can stand on a tall building and look down without shivering. But I realise when I'm in an open car - OPEN CAR - and kind of ride when you go up the hills for skiing, I cannot stand it. Well, I survived. I tried to look far far at the sea which did not fail to awe me. It's really very beautiful from high up, if only I'm not afraid I might enjoy the bird's eye view more. The Luge ride ain't exactly very thrilling lah. The first round, 'cos I was new to it. I went slow and steady. The second round I just zoomed during the straight roads. But I was still one of the last though. So silly. Haha!
Mary provided so much food, very delicious pizza. Thank God for the good weather after a deluge in the afternoon. I had a great time getting to know more JSMers.


Hmm... how should I celebrate my 21st birthday?