28 October 2006

1T1

Kar Hoe and Waqiu told me that they are being promoted to 2N next year, together with Liping, Jiamin, and Farah.

Suddenly feel a sense of nostalgia and happiness. Happiness because they, whom I once believe are misfits in the rowdy 1T1, have proven themselves worthy of my praises for them in class or in private. I've emailed them to warn them about the stress they will have next year, and i really hope they won't give up being diligent.

Their diligence exceeds mine. They strive in hard conditions. They believe in hardwork. And they shame me of my own laziness.

Now exam period is coming for me. A lot of datelines for papers too. And suddenly these people from the past phase of my life pops up and tell me they are receiving fruit of their labour. I rejoice with them. And I ought to learn from their diligence.

And this people from my memory pops into my current life, causing me to bob on my sea of memories (which I am doing now) from the days in Swiss Cottage when I was teaching these people. It's nostalgia beyond words. I don't want to write them down, lest I should pervert this history in my life.

All in all, I am glad I did what I did - taught in Swiss. And these dear ones from 1T1, who are promoted to 2N base on their hardwork, taught me too. They taught me to believe in diligence.