21 October 2006

God's Will

I just re-read my entry which I've posted when I just received a letter from MOE to tell me to go for an interview for the teaching award. Well, I eventually failed the interview. Though I wasn't sore about it, I sometimes wonder why I did not get it? Is it merely because I don't know how to praise myself? (which, btw, i'm not ashame of. I'm thankful that i didn't lie my way through.)

But now I can see why. Why exactly did God not want me to get it?

The subjects allocated to me are English Literature and English Language. If i'd gotten it, I would be forced to take E Lit now in Uni.

Well, I do love lit. But Lit in Uni level just isn't about the beauty of language anymore. It's about human philosophy. It's about having to read literatures which at time insult God in His face and gets away with it when people PRAISE that book for it's artistic values.

Some said that I don't have to subscribe to the author's belief, and lit will train one to have an open mind.

Well, how can I, on the one hand, say that I love God, when on the other i can stand reading things that propogates the very things that God hates - or worse, insults God. Can one do that to his/her GF, BF, or parents? I cannot. And i'm not ashame of that. If i need that skill and "open-minded-ness", God will give it to me thru another means. I have a choice. And i choose not to let myself be influenced by the devil.

"And all things work together for good to them that love God"

I love this verse, because it says entirely what God's will to Christian is about.

So the thing that i was sad about turned out to be a blessing. Thank the Lord!!