14 February 2009

Charity (Love)

This is perhaps my most meaningful V-day. Though I ain't really excited with v-days for 18 years before, had been slightly excited for 2 years before, now I'm back to being ambivalent, merely rolling eye balls at couples who wear identical shirts without thinking if they look dumb. Haha. Colour-coordinate, yes, but identical tees really look...erm...un-nice.

Today is meaningful because I challenged myself to show concern for someone, and not just in my heart. With much prayer for courage, I visited Mrs. Gan alone. I fear(ed?) because I was afraid of the language barrier, not knowing Hokkien and all, and I was afraid that it would end up with me trying my hardest to understand her and pretend to and end with awkward silence when she asked me a question that I didn't know I need to answer because I didn't understand what she said. I was also afraid of what I should say to her when I see her. But it's necessary to try to encourage an old lady like her, recently losed her husband, and now confined to a recuperating home. Pastor was saying that she might be struggling within her to go back to her old ways, so I just want to go see her, pray for her, and read some verses to her.

Thank the Lord that she looks better now, her colour is back. Thank the Lord for breaking tha language barrier, for she spoke clearly, and in mandarin too! I thank God for giving me the verses to read, and the words to pray.

So all in all, I think this must be the most meaningful v-day I've had so far.

Serving the Lord on v-day by leading teens in singing is meaningful too. =) I don't think you would be doing that if we are still in a relationship. That's why I believe it's best to be single so that time can be better spent. Hope you've had a blessed time.