19 December 2006

Church camp 2006

Church camp this year was very rushed. It was just Friday to Sunday night. Speaker was also rushing all the time; after the messages he had to go off already. This year I could not stay overnight on the last night too. Usually this would be a night of staying up and talking to other sisters staying overnight with me - to catch up, to...erm..."gossip", etc. This year, though, we could not.

However, God has granted His servant Reverend Jack Sin wonderful messages to speak to us. The theme is "To God be the Glory". He spoke on God's glory in His creation, in the Old Testament and New Testament, in His Son, in His believers, and in glory land. All these spoke of a wonderful and glorious God whom saved us and whom we believe in. The glory of God - the greatness / majesty / wonder of God, is a series of wonderful messages which reminded me how much I owe to my God. He who is so glorious and so holy, should condescend to save sinners like us. More - He should choose me as a soul to be saved! My late grandmother was pious, but misled. If she had been saved, her faithfulness and zeal for God would have been much better than I. But God chose me! He pulled me out of the fire for His own glory's sake. But what haveI given back to Him...? It is awfully humbling...to know that God is glorious, and to see this little bits of glory which He has revealed to us in His word.

Chosen not for good in me,
Wakened up from wrath to flee,
Hidden in the Savior’s side,
By the Spirit sanctified,
Teach me, Lord, on earth to show,
By my love, how much I owe.
Even on earth, as through a glass
Darkly, let Thy glory pass,
Make forgiveness feel so sweet,
Make Thy Spirit’s help so meet,
Even on earth, Lord, make me know
Something of how much I owe.

- "When This Passing World is Done"