14 December 2005

"Let Thy goodness, like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to Thee"

A sudden trouble in my mind..

Youth Group
Now that we are all grown up, many have gone to work or busy with other things. The core group of Christ Grace Church youths are now having little time to gather as we did before. Felicia is working AND studying..so is Elias. Elisa working. Elinor studying. Eliel went NS. Robin busy with project and will soon serve NS as well. Tammy is working. Daniel working and would soon go to US. Jeremiah busy with studies. Eliseus is seldom seen. So is Daryl, Ashley, and more so Frederick and Flex.

I will always remember the time at Pasir Panjang Inn where we sang hymns for a long time and never want to stop. From then on Pastor James seems to keep looking at us dearly and thinks that we are a zealous lot. Thank the Lord last 2 years it does seems we were given ministries and the some of us cae to know each other better through many works and fellowships. Friday fellowships, choir, DVBS prep, skit preps.. These will be in my memory always...

But now that we have become busier, the zeal is waning i must say. Or at least I feel so. The strength and zeal that we use to have is depleting, due to own self or the numerical strength.
Perhaps is my judgemental character coming in, but I also feel some of us becoming spiritually lethargic? That includes myself of cause. Things of the world trouble our mind so much we have little energy compared to the past to catch up with God. And of cause, influence from the outside world as a multiple of the times we spend outside.

Personally I would be really disappointed if we are to drift apart like that. Thank the Lord, my bond with worldly friends stop short of superficial things. Friends that I really like to be with, and people, are church people. Always when I talk to a Christian about my problems or troubles, encouragements and edifications to pray would be dispensed, along with specific guides sometimes. I really love th fellowship of God's people. Therefore when we are going seperate busy ways like that, I shall be praying hard we will still be bonded somehow. I pray that I would not pray amiss regarding this as well.

The youths are really important. If the Lord should tarry, we would be the ones taking over God's kingdom in future. How will we make the kingdom to be like in the last days? Will we fulfill the prophecy of "falling away"s? I pray we would not. To do that we have to be deeply rooted and soaked in the word and wisdom from the Lord. O how I hope there would be a revival before the prophecies should start to fulfill!

Sigh...

May the Lord help us.